Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Cards for Ellie



This is my 8 year old daughter Ellie . We live in Ireland and she has NF1. We do not know anyone else in Ireland who has Neurofibromatosis . She made her 1st Holy Communion early, without her class, because on March 19th she went into the hospital to have a port ( IV access ) placed in her wee chest and she will spend the next 18 - 24 months getting chemo treatments to try to stop the growth of the brain tumor on her optic nerves ( optic glioma ) and  save her vision . 




I am asking you to please keep her in your prayers . Ellie would LOVE to get cards.   So we are asking everyone to send her cards to keep her spirits up. 
Ellie is fanatical about Jedward and it would make all her dreams come true if she got a card from them. So if you know Jedward or someone close to them, please pass on.

Postal address is as follows.

Ellie Dixon
97 Priory Lodge
Celbridge
Co. Kildare
Ireland


Thank you

5 comments:

  1. When I am in school next I will ask my class to make you cards and will send them to you.

    Beir Bua
    Michelle Moloney King

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so sorry for this poor little girl. I don't know whether you know this family or if you are doing it out of general good will but I would just like to thank you for blogging about it as it is something we dont hear about that often, little kids getting sick at such a young age and fighting for their lives.
    I had a Brother who got a brain tumour at the age of 9 so I know what it feels like to what them go throught Chemo and Radiotherapy. We got his school to send him loads of cards. He was just over the moon just to think they were all thinking of him. I really home Ellie improves and I will be sending her a card for sure,
    Eimear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. May each day bring renewed strengh and brighter days to little Ellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thinking of you Ellie, there's a special card on the way for you,
    God Bless
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie, my thoughts and prayers are with you princess. Keep strong and know that there are so many people thinking of you and sending their love your way xx

    ReplyDelete